Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017


It's been a busy week, filled with ordinary things, chores, dog-walking and the like.

Then, after 12 years or so of trouble-free service, my trusty sewing machine had to go to the shop to get fixed and, naturally, once it was gone I wanted to sew. Isn't that always the way?

So it was back to painting.

These are two of my paintings this week.

I usually paint directly onto the canvas or paper, but it this case, I did a quick sketch as a guide.



Then I taped down a sheet of canvas paper. But instead of continuing, I finished this painting. I thought I was being orderly - finish one before beginning another.



 So I went back to the sketch and painted away... until I removed the masking tape only to discover that because it had been sitting around for a couple of days, the masking tape had set into the paper and stripped away some of the canvas paper at the top and the bottom, taking away some of the paint. It looked bad and there was no cure. So....


I trimmed the sides.



 
 Needless to say, I won't be making that mistake again.





Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate each and every one of you.